Ateliers deMonaco unveils two new models from its Tourbillon Oculus 1297 collection.
In order to celebrate the first year of the collection Tourbillon Oculus 1297, Ateliers deMonaco unveils two new models with a black titanium case bringing a sportier touch to the collection.
Launched in 2016 and recognisable by its dial composed of small lozenges in relief, this collection is inspired by Monaco’s coat of arms.
Between watchmaking tradition and technological innovation
Emanating from the Tourbillon Oculus 1297 collection, these two new timepieces are equipped with the manufacture dMc-980 calibre. Designed, developed, built and assembled in the Ateliers deMonaco manufacture, this patented tourbillon movement is called: Tourbillon XP1. It is one of the most precise in the world with a tolerance between 0 to 2 seconds per 24 hours.
These two automatic models have the Ateliers deMonaco signature rotor. The latest represents the Principality’s crown which is carefully hand-engraved in 22K gold.
For the first time, the manufacturer envelops its movement with an ultra-light black DLC titanium case.
The dial is made with the use of a new technology: a five axis laser. This latest innovation does not burn the material but enhances it giving the sought-after form. In this case, it is the signature symbol of Ateliers deMonaco: the lozenge. The mention Ateliers deMonaco is also written on the rim of the dial.
The two new models are recognizable by a small dial at 12 o’clock or in rose gold colour or in white gold colour. In order to be faithful to the Oculus model, an opening on the tourbillon’s cage at 6 o’clock allows us to see the heartbeat of the watch.
Lastly, to glorify the whole, the watch is mounted on a black alligator leather strap adorned with a hand-stitched and folding buckle in titanium black DLC for a more convenient use.
A Monegasque inspiration
In 1297, François Grimaldi, took the fortress of Monaco thanks to a stratagem: dressed like a Franciscan monk, he entered in the stronghold with one of his fellow soldiers. Once inside, he was able to open the door to his little army and seized the fortress.
Coat of Arms of the Grimaldi House pays tribute to this history because they are composed of:
“Comprises a silver shield decorated with red diamonds surrounded by the Order of St. Charles collar. It is placed on a red coat lined with ermine, topped by the royal crown.
Standing at each side of the shield are two monks brandishing raised swords. Below them is a banderol with the royal motto Deo Juvante (with God’s Help).”